Consumers Energy is pleased to announce the continuation of the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES) program in 2020. Effective Jan. 1, 2020, the HPwES program will have new program documents.
Our program is a regional component of a national effort by the U.S. Department of Energy to offer a whole-house approach to improving the energy efficiency and comfort of homes, while helping to protect the environment. The program demonstrates how improvements made throughout a home can work together to maximize energy savings.
As a participating contractor in the Consumers Energy Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Program (HPwES), you can expand your business and provide customers with more comfortable, safe and durable homes, while helping reduce their energy use.
Participating contractors must be certified by the national Building Performance Institute (BPI) and have all required diagnostic equipment. Contractors can offer Consumers Energy customers a wide array of energy-smart products and services, including:
- High-efficiency heating and cooling systems
- High-efficiency natural gas water heaters
- Attic and wall insulation
- Air sealing, duct sealing and duct repair
- ENERGY STAR qualified appliances and lighting
You'll be able to effectively address many of the problems homeowners often experience, such as:
- High energy use
- Rooms that don't heat or cool properly
- Moisture issues
- Health and safety issues
Consumers Energy offers financial incentives to help contractors succeed:
- Subsidized costs for complete Home Performance Surveys and Comprehensive Home Assessments
- Customer rebates for eligible measures
Consumers Energy helps generate valuable leads by promoting the program to our customers.
For more information on becoming a Consumers Energy Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Trade Ally, email CEHPTradeAlly@icf.com.